The writer experienced a transiet error. If the backup process is retired, the error may not reoccur

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by sshawn89, Sep 10, 2009.

1. sshawn89

sshawn89

I recently did a system restore because I downloaded the CA antivirus and spyware off insightbb and it lagged me totally.The system restore worked but now it wont let me have internet at all for some weird reason. I have calledmy internet providerthey said everything looked fine. So I try to undo the system restore. It loads like its doing it sometimes then it brings up start up repair when it restarts.After that it takes me right back to where I am now. And for some reason I have no access to the internet.And sometimes on others it will say:

The writer experienced a transiet error. If the backup process is retired, the error may not reoccur. (0X00423F3)

I found a thing on google saying something about something could be wrong with the registry and to download a site. But the weird thing is im not getting my internet access. On my thing is says Unidentified Network.

My computer is a emachies, 320 gb hard drive, with windows vista home peremium with SP1.

The only thing diffrent from the restore is my AVG 8.5 is back and my Norton's 360... And it cannot find the Nortons 360 which I uninstalled both to get CA. But I dont see why I wouldnt have internet connection. Like when I try to go on the internet it says Cannot Display Page. With a Diagnose button.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

sshawn89, Sep 10, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. sshawn89

WAW8

I have generally found System Restore to fail far more often than it worked. People tend to think of it as a "time machine", that is, it resets your total machine environment to some time in the past, when, in fact, WHEN it works, all it does is restore older versions of systems programs and the registry.

This is why it sometimes works with removing viruses because those tend to infect systems programs, which get replaced with the clean versions from the System Restore.

But for other general problems (i.e., stuff not working anymore), it generally fails.

Your best bet would be to back off any files of importance to you and contact your machine vendor to see about a full restore.

WAW8, Sep 10, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question