the install cd i used was named LRMCxFRE_EN_DVD

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by Vildsint, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Vildsint

Vildsint

okej i tried to restore my old windows registry backup by goin into regedit and importing it.
    when i restart the computer, windows fails on the welcome screen.
    the same in failsafe mode.
    and all other options from the boot menu is gone. (last know good cfg and so on...)
    tried to start whit install cd and run cmd and regedit...but when importing there it fails and says that its write error???
    how do i restore the windows registry from my backup files?

I renamed the "windows" "users" and "program files" folders and erased all the root files on my Vista64bit boot disk.

I then installed WindowsXP32bit on my second harddrive.
    After that i started whit the Vista64 cd and tried to install but it failed. So then i used the startup repair and then igot back to my first problem again....

Vista bootsup but freezez on the login screen (since i replaced the registry whit one old backup of it, abouth a month old)
    This Vista went to rfm.

Then i installed Vista again on my third harddrive and used a proper crack so it works fine.

Ok so now i have a boot manager screen when starting the computer whit the options to boot both Vista and that works.....its able to boot the functional Vista and the disfunctional one.
    I have also the option to boot WindowsXP32 but that dosent work, the computer just restarts.

What i now woud want to do is to at least be able to chose to boot the WinXP32 and Vista64bit(new one working)

and moste of all i woude like to be abble to start my old Vista....

pleas help me i will be most generous.
    cheers Dan

Vildsint, Apr 8, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Vildsint

VistaRocks

Sorry no help for pirated software here.

Topic closed.

VistaRocks, Apr 8, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question