The Godfather Game Problem

Discussion in 'Gaming Support' started by solomon_uk, Feb 22, 2007.

1. solomon_uk

solomon_uk

I cannot get the Godfather game to work in Vista, can anyone help?

It just wont load and says the program had to close due to a problem.

Many Thanks

solomon_uk, Feb 22, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. solomon_uk

kingofnexus

Try finding the games .exe and running the program in compatibility mode. Also try running as administrator. If all else fails try reinstalling the game but runnning the setup.exe on the disk as an administrator.

kingofnexus, Feb 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. solomon_uk

Comak

This is the solution for your problem :

Rename the movie directory to _movie.

The game wil play !

I think the problem is that vista cannot play the movies.

Sorry for my bad english. I am a dutch men.

See you later ! :cool:

Comak, May 7, 2007
  4. solomon_uk

Walker

Thanks for that,

sadly i can't try it out. I have made a life changing decision. I am buying my games from now on....

Walker, May 12, 2007
  5. solomon_uk

howson

MY godfather game wont worjk ethier ive intatalled and i start to play just before the main menu comes up it say godfather.exe has stopped working

howson, May 14, 2007
  6. solomon_uk

Superswede

has anybody got the godfather to work under vista? i have renamed the movie file, the game starts... but when im supposed to name the character the damn keyboard aint working!! i have tried the keyboard in the control settings and it works fine... anybody got a solution for this problem?

Superswede, May 16, 2007
  7. solomon_uk

not _movie, but _movies., i got it to work og i have no problem with the game

911, Oct 3, 2007
  8. solomon_uk

sothpaw

My Godfather problem, (i have vista):

Buffer overrun detected!

"A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated."

Have me do?

Please help!

Thank you very much!

sothpaw, Feb 9, 2008
  9. solomon_uk

WAW8

sothpaw:

Did you do the directory rename mentioned in the post just before yours?

WAW8, Feb 16, 2008
  10. solomon_uk

bydan69

Hey,

I can't find the _Movie file?

Can anybody help please.

many Thanks

D

bydan69, Jun 3, 2008
  11. solomon_uk

8ball

This happen to me too and I have renamed movies...

Can someone help me?

8ball, Jun 7, 2008
  12. solomon_uk

E.R.

hello.. i have changed movies to _movies i open evrything in admin decise... wenn i start the game...then u can see don corleone.. in the left side.. not very good..then the game closed...godfather.exe problem sjizzle..:S:S plz help me.. (i have vista) and look.. i have a rapport from support information.... *** you can see operating system fails:S:S what can i do?

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD align=middle width="35%">Your System</TD><TD align=middle>Results</TD><TD align=middle width="35%">Game Requirements</TD></TR><TR rowspan="4"><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>Operating System</TD><TD align=middle><SPAN class=dyndata>Unknown</SPAN></TD><TD align=middle>Fail</TD><TD align=middle><SPAN class=dyndata>Windows XP/2000</SPAN></TD></TR><TR rowspan="4"><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>System Memory</TD><TD align=middle><SPAN class=dyndata>1022.8</SPAN></TD><TD align=middle>Pass</TD><TD align=middle><SPAN class=dyndata>256.0</SPAN></TD></TR><TR rowspan="4"><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>Processor Speed</TD><TD align=middle><SPAN class=dyndata>2801.0</SPAN></TD><TD align=middle>Pass</TD><TD align=middle><SPAN class=dyndata>1400 Mhz (1.4 Ghz)</SPAN></TD></TR><TR rowspan="4"><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>DirectX Version</TD><TD align=middle><SPAN class=dyndata>10.0</SPAN></TD><TD align=middle>Pass</TD><TD align=middle><SPAN class=dyndata>9.0c</SPAN></TD></TR><TR rowspan="4"><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>Display Device</TD><TD align=middle><SPAN class=dyndata>NVIDIA GeForce 7500 LE</SPAN></TD><TD align=middle>Unknown Compatibility</TD><TD align=middle><SPAN class=dyndata></SPAN></TD></TR><TR rowspan="4"><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>Display Memory</TD><TD align=middle><SPAN class=dyndata>512.0</SPAN></TD><TD align=middle>Pass</TD><TD align=middle><SPAN class=dyndata>64.0</SPAN></TD></TR><TR rowspan="4"><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>Display Driver</TD><TD align=middle><SPAN class=dyndata>7.15.11.6230</SPAN></TD><TD align=middle>Unknown Compatibility</TD><TD align=middle><SPAN class=dyndata></SPAN></TD></TR><TR rowspan="4"><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>Sound Device</TD><TD align=middle><SPAN class=dyndata>Luidsprekers (Realtek High Definition Audio)</SPAN></TD><TD align=middle>Pass</TD><TD align=middle><SPAN class=dyndata></SPAN></TD></TR><TR rowspan="4"><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>Sound Driver</TD><TD align=middle><SPAN class=dyndata></SPAN></TD><TD align=middle>Unknown Compatibility</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

E.R., Aug 10, 2008
  13. solomon_uk

WAW8

The fact that folks are being told to run this game in compatibility mode should tell you that it was NOT designed to run in Vista. Unless the game supplier has a new version, one specifically written or upgraded for Vista, what you get in compatibility mode is the best you're going to see.

If it doesn't work, you're simply out of luck. Contact the game supplier for a Vista version.

WAW8, Aug 10, 2008
  14. solomon_uk

Neo Nay

Thank you, man . That's great help! It does work. Now I can forget my boring life with The Godfather for a while.

Neo Nay, Dec 30, 2008
  15. solomon_uk

Neo Nay

That's not the file. That's the folder. You can find it under the folder The Godfather .

Neo Nay, Dec 30, 2008
  16. solomon_uk

victor

Hey guys, i have vista, i did the modification, i've finish the game and now i want to uninstall the game. but the uninstall.exe doesn't work. What do i do?

victor, Jan 29, 2009
  17. solomon_uk

keby82ryu

hey, i've installed and started playing the game Godfather successfully but after i beat un the first guy in the game n pick up the cash on the floor, the game just flickers n hangs, then the blue screen appears n my laptop restarts. i'm using vista home basic, 3gb RAM, 159gb left on my hard drive, Directx 9. Can anyone help me?

keby82ryu, Feb 27, 2009
  18. solomon_uk

brybell101

Hi,

My problem is with Godfather 2. I get a message saying I dont meet the graphics requiremant (7800 GT) even though I have an NVidia GeForce 9800M GTS. Did anyone else come across this?? I've tried all the different compatability options from the above but nothing works as I cant even get into the main menu. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I know this thread is for the first game but my problem is with the second, thought I wouldn't bother with a new topic

Regards,

brybell

brybell101, Jun 16, 2009
  19. solomon_uk

WAW8

WAW8, Jun 16, 2009
  20. solomon_uk

mafiamanager

Hey mates, I've the same problem of <U>keby82ryu</U>, how can I run the game in Windows Vista, because it starts ok and then crashes and the blue screen comes up..

mafiamanager, Apr 20, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question