techguys recovery system... sigh. need help

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by philekiert, Jul 7, 2010.

1. philekiert

philekiert

i have recently inherited my girlfriend's old advent laptop (she got a new one). it's pretty trashed, and the software is not running correctly - it's running extremely slowly, but i can't see anything in processes to account for it for that much memory or processor power consumption. she never got round to making her techguys backup dvds, so i thought i'd hit that up and just reset the whole system. there's nothing important stored on there, i can literally just wipe the whole thing and start fresh.

the backup dvds come in a set of two, and after the first had finished burning it said "soz, dvd didn't write properly and now being awesome techguys we've deleted the original dvd1.iso to save space :D so now you can't rewrite that dvd". okay well it didn't say it in those words, but it was as infuriating. now looking on the website, the only way to get those recovery dvds is to pay for them.

i downloaded magic jellybean keyfinder and i've written the key down. i'm hoping to install a fresh version of windows vista using that key, and then install the Advent 5421 vista driver set, which i have found as downloadable for free.

i've looked all over for vista 32bit home premium torrent downloads, but they're all illegal ones that don't require a key or are glitchy copies. all i want is just a vista installation iso that i can use to reinstall the OS with the current product key and then work from there.

is this possible?

philekiert, Jul 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. philekiert

WAW8

In terms of legal options, as best as I can determine, no.

I checked several pages at MS's own site, and although they CLAIM to still support Vista, I can find no links that allow you to download or purchase it.

They used to sell the Windows Anytime Upgrade CD, which contained all the versions of Vista, and you could have then used that to reinstall your version ... but they have discontinued that.

WAW8, Jul 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question