System Recovery loop

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by YorkshireJumbo, Nov 29, 2012.

1. YorkshireJumbo

YorkshireJumbo

I recently updated my BIOS as I was hoping to upgrade my processor. When the shiny new boot screen appeared, I noticed an option <F11 - System Recovery> as well as the expected <F10 - Setup>. The PC booted fine and I checked I could access everything. Today When I started the PC, I noticed the F11 option again and being inquisitive, I pressed F11 and got into the System Recovery options screen. I've been there before when I had to do a full restore after a crash a while ago, so I just chose the "Restart" button to reboot normally.

The problem is that I can't get it to go to the normal start routine - it now always restarts into the System Recovery options. I've tried some of the options (Startup Repair, System Restore, Memory Diagnostics, Command Prompt) without any joy. It always boots back into the same screen. I also discovered that my restore points aren't working, so I'll need to fix that soon as we'll.

Now I know I was stupid poking around, but is there any way to get out of this loop without running the full recovery ( and resetting Windows and reinstalling everything!!!) I've tried the Vista Rescue and Recovery Disk CD, but that seems to take me to the same options. I'm just looking for a fix to allow me to just reboot normally...

YorkshireJumbo, Nov 29, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. YorkshireJumbo

YorkshireJumbo

I managed to fix it by changing the bootable partition on my primary disk. Cant post links yet, so google for "change boot partition" for the way I managed it.

YorkshireJumbo, Nov 29, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question