System does not recover after automatic powerdown

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by concord, Jan 31, 2007.

1. concord

concord

I have had my Vista Ultimate running for a week now (OEM) I have it set to power down the monitor (nothing else)after a certain time of inactivity. When I press a key or move the mouse to switcvh the monitor back on it comes up with a blue pattern, rather like tweed cloth. Nothing I do will make it recover properly and I have to restart the system. It also does this if I put the system into hibernation.

If anyone has any idea what the cause may be I would be grateful for your advice

concord, Jan 31, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. concord

Jason

I've gotten this before a couple of times. Once from returning from a screensaver and hibernation. It is some kind of video driver issue. What drivers you running and what is the brand of your card? Try going to the manu. websit and installing the latest onces for vista.

Jason, Jan 31, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. concord

concord

its a Nvidea G-force card and Ihave been to their website and downloaded the Vista x64 bit driver as that is what I have so it should be ok but I will recheck it all. It may well be their driver at fault. I will take it out and see how iot works on the windows default generic driver

concord, Feb 2, 2007
  4. concord

concord

See problem above

I rolled baack thedriver to the built-in Microsoft driver in Windows Vista x64bit and it now works perfectly. When I get round to itI will tell the g-force

concord, Feb 2, 2007
  5. concord

Camride

The next couple of months will see alot of driver issues ironed out. ATI and Nvidia still have issues with their Vista drivers, especially x64. Just be patient and I'd recommend using the standard Vista drivers until some of these issues are resolved. I've tried using ATI's drivers on x64 and they're still not perfect. Though the 32bit versions I've had no issues with whatsoever on my laptop.

:)

Camride, Feb 2, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question