system crash afetr update please help

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by kluson, Jul 19, 2008.

1. kluson

kluson

Hi there.

I am a novice with a PC.

I have installed Vista service pack 1. I had some problem and I had to restore the PC using restore point.

I then asked Microsoft for help. They asked me to

Click start and type MSCONFIG, then click services check hide all microsoft services and click disable all

then restart.

I did this and then as requested ran the service pack 1 software I had downloaded. All went well then the PC tried to restart it ran thorough a series of numbers and then stopped. it hung like this for over an hour. I switched off the pc and then restarted.

The pc would not restart and entered startup repair, it then got to the question

Do you want to use system resyore to which I clicked restore. The PC then went into startup repair again and hangs again.

I have tried starting in safe mode but nothing happens.

I have no idea what else to do

My Machine is Evesham who have since goone bankrupt and offer no support

hope someone can help

cheers

kluson, Jul 19, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. kluson

WAW8

You didn't tell us what problems you were having with SP 1, but the typical scenario is that SP 1 won't install -- and that is usually due to driver conflicts. In other words, MS has rigged SP 1 so it refuses to install on a machine that has incompatible drivers. If MS provided you a way to work around that limitation, they set you up for "breaking" your machine.

If Startup Repair won't work, and you can't do a restore, your only option at this point is a complete reinstallation. To do that, you need Vista DVD and a product ID key. You have those?

However, before you attempt that, since MS was so "helpful" before, you should contact them again to have them fix the problem they created.

WAW8, Jul 19, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question