Sync with network folders

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by 633, Jun 3, 2007.

1. 633

New laptop with Vista Home Premium. Not finding much to like about Vista so far over XP Pro. Here's the latest question:

One thing I use consistently in XP is offline files. I own a small business, and I sync my laptop with a set of folders on our network server so that I can work at home. Tried to get some clarity on this before buying my new laptop, but none of the sales guys knew much about it at any of the stores I visited. We did find, though, that the XP Home Premium features list talks about offline files, so figured I was OK.

Now I find out that it's good at syncing files with my MP3 player or handheld device, as if I'm short on options for doing that, but that if I want to sync with my network folders, I have to upgrade to Ultimate or Vista Business.

Is there a workaround for this, or am I really stuck paying $160 to "upgrade" again, probably gaining some new set of frustrations in the bargain.

633, Jun 3, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question