Synaptics Touch Pad - Drivers

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by GMK, Jun 19, 2006.

1. GMK

GMK

I can get the TouchPad working on my Acer notebook but I can't get the advanced settings to work. in other words, I can't adjust center button or virtual scrolling, etc. I tried the Generic version (NT/XP) from synaptics and the OEM version(s) from Acer - NO GO.

Anyone have any notebook luck with their touchpad, especially synaptics?

GMK, Jun 19, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. GMK

ygumby

The download from acersupport.com works, the XP driver that is. It will not install using the exe, but if you unzip it and let Vista find the file, it does work.

ygumby, Jun 24, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. GMK

Jason

That has worked for me too in the past.

Jason, Jun 26, 2006
  4. GMK

MrDJ921

The opposite problem I am having with my touchpad. I can't get it to install period. Tried running the install program in XP Compatability mode, it installs, requires a reboot, and no touchpad. Tried to maunally install the driver with no luck...hmm

MrDJ921, Jun 30, 2006
  5. GMK

GMK

Version 8.3.4 for a Generic Touchpad driver and related enhancements software from Synaptics is here: http://www.synaptics.com/support/drive.cfm. Please note, it is stated to be specifically for XP/NT but we know they're lying.

By the way it works perfectly on my Acer Lapper with Build 5456. Big difference.

GMK, Jul 13, 2006
  6. GMK

k-lub

What worked for me with my Dell Inspiron 2200 was I installed the XP driver under XP Service Pack 2 compatibility by right clicking on the setup, selecting properties, Compatiblity tab, and install it under XP SP2. This should work with any XP (or other if selected)driver.

k-lub, Nov 7, 2006
  7. GMK

integra144

Does anyone now why overtime I start up the Synaptics asks if "This publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?" I cleared the check box "Always ask before running this file." But everytime on start up it still comes up.

How to stop it?

integra144, May 25, 2007
  8. GMK

fred2028

This is happening to me too. I just upgraded from XP to Vista, and Synaptics touchpad does not work. I installed The XP version of the driver from Toshiba's site, and everything works except I can't configure the touchpad. Like I click the icon in the tray, I click Device Settings tab, and I try to click Settings button under Devices but that button doesn't work. It's not grayed out or anything; I click it, it goes down, it pops back up, and nothing happens. I wanna configure it so the shortcuts in the corners of the touchpad is gone. Any help?

fred2028, Jul 10, 2007
  9. GMK

alstreck

In a TOSHIBA LAPTOP - When the Synaptics Touchpad stops working in Windows Vista. You should download the 'Toshiba Value Added Package' and then launch 'Flash Cards' utility. There is a setting to enable the Function Keys, and thus enable the Touchpad! Voila.

alstreck, Nov 15, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question