Synaptics Driver Issues

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by ispeakenglish89, Feb 18, 2008.

1. ispeakenglish89

ispeakenglish89

Hi I recently had my Windows Vista automatically updated from the patch and now my Synaptics driver does not work. The touchpad works perfectly fine but I can not use the extra features on it such as scrolling. I tried to uninstall it and reinstall the driver but all that happens is that Synaptics can not install it. Can anybody help me out with his issue?

ispeakenglish89, Feb 18, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. ispeakenglish89

WAW8

What "patch" are you talking about? A Windows Update? OR did you grab a version of CP 1 and install it?

WAW8, Feb 19, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. ispeakenglish89

ispeakenglish89

well my windows update just automatically updated something and then all of a sudden the touchpad could not be installed again.

ispeakenglish89, Feb 19, 2008
  4. ispeakenglish89

WAW8

OK, You may be able to fix this by doing a driver rollback from Device Manager.

If that doesn't work, you will need to track down the Windows Update that did this and uninstall it.

If you can't determine that, you will need to remove the Windows Updates, one at a time, until your device works again.

After that, change your Windows Update options to never install anything automatically; only to notify you of available updates. And never, install a driver update without first making an image backup of your machine. If you're not able to make such backups, you run the risk that a driver "update" will trash your machine.

WAW8, Feb 20, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question