Streaming live tv to another vista machine

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by darthbader, Aug 30, 2007.

1. darthbader

darthbader

I have 2 machines in my house that have vista ultimate. The first machine has Ultimate running with a hauppage PVR 150. The second machine has ultimate running without a TV tuner. I would like to stream the live tv from the pc that has the tuner to the pc that has no tuner so I can watch 24 on A&E in my home office. I do not have a TV in my office so this is the only other alternative. Is there a way to configure Both vista machines to achieve this goal? Both Machines are on the same network in my house so I would hope that I could set one machine up as an extender.

If there is a way to do this then some one please help.

Darthbader

darthbader, Aug 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. darthbader

kingofnexus

I cant even think of a way this could be done, but your theory is sound. TV features in vista aren't as robust as you would expect, an example of this is that you can only have 1 source set up, no switching between digital / analogue or any other input.

Try posting this quetion in the hauppauge forum they have helped me with problems relating to my TV card. http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/index.php

kingofnexus, Aug 31, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question