Strange problems with monitor

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by _FlaYer, Jan 2, 2007.

1. _FlaYer

_FlaYer

Hey!

Just installed Vista a couple of days ago (Ultimate edition) and it works really smoothly, except one problem. When I start a game, and try to tab out - the only thing that happens is that I get alot of thick green/white lines all over my monitor (A 19" Sony XDK) the same happens when I don't touch the computer or any programs are running (It takes maybe 30 minutes) there's no way to get into Vista, I have to reboot every time.

I'm going VGA->Dvi (Monitor->GFX)

I've got the newest GFX drivers (Nvidia 7950 gt)

My other specs are (If that should matter somehow) is E6400 2,13ghz Core2duo, 1gb of DDR (5400 Corsair memories) and Msi Power up Edition.

Anyone encountered the same problem and knows how to solve this issue?

_FlaYer, Jan 2, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. _FlaYer

kkj1961

I'm having a similar problem, although I haven't tried any games yet.

I'm running Vista Ultimate on a core2duo system with an EVGA 7900GT video card. Vista runs great but when I leave my pc running and come back later, I have garbage on the screen (either a white or green color with lines running through it). I first thought it was just a sleep mode problem and changed the power management settings to never sleep. After leaving the computer long enough for the screen saver to kick in and the screen to turn off, I checked it again and had the same problem.

If anyone knows what is causing this problem, or how to fix it, I'd love to hear it.

kkj1961, Jan 25, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question