Strange mouse / windows behaviour

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by justinmg, Jun 6, 2008.

1. justinmg

justinmg

I have been using Vista Home Premium to drive a home theatre PC. Since using a new labtec keyboard and mouse combo, sometimes I open a window, but can not click in it. I cant close it or move it. Most of the time it is fine. I can use alt F4 to close it. If I use task manager I can switch to, and the window seems to come alive again.

Any ideas what this might be due to?

Thanks

justinmg, Jun 6, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. justinmg

WAW8

Is the new keyboard PS/2 connection or USB connection? Or is it bluetooth? Or is it wireless? Did it come with drivers?

WAW8, Jun 6, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. justinmg

justinmg

The mouse and keyboard was USB, but the odd behaviour seems to be related to windows, as the mouse pointer moves fine, and can click on other desktop icons. For some reason, some windows that are being opened are staying as background / unclickable windows. (the drivers installed automatically)

justinmg, Jun 6, 2008
  4. justinmg

kingofnexus

I'd try to find drivers for your keyboard / mouse set specifically from the manufacturer website. Windows device detection isn't 100% fool proof and has been known to install incorrect drivers automatically.

kingofnexus, Jun 7, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question