stop error appearing out of thin air

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by agambino, Dec 2, 2007.

1. agambino

agambino

hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite A205-s4567 that I bought last spring, I upgraded to Vista Ultimate on it and have not had a problem until this.

The computer at random just turns off (which i think is a stop error). Upon start, I look in the Event Viewer to see what causes it and the only thing I can find before the forced shut down was this:

"The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer TOSHIBA-USER that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{5CF63800-A8B9-4061-BFD6-E01C4. The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced."

The Event ID is "8003"

Since about 5 of these events were logged before the unexpected shutdown, I figure it might have something to do with it.

Microsoft has nothing on their website about it so I was wondering if any of you have any experience with it.

Any and all help is appreciated.

agambino, Dec 2, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. agambino

Goffee

Goffee, Dec 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question