start up then blue screen

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by mbryans, Feb 9, 2011.

1. mbryans

mbryans

I have a Sony laptop. When I turn it on it goes to the blue screen and memory dump. I have tried restore and found a date but now I have lines going down the screen then still goes into blue screen. It will not now acces the network.

mbryans, Feb 9, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. mbryans

WAW8

Lines going down the screen is a faulty video driver, failing video chipset, failing screen, or a combination of the three. Can't do anything about the latter two problems, and without being able to boot, can't do much about the first, either.

If you can, you should write down what you can about the STOP code from the blue screen and then Google on that. There are LOTS of STOP codes, each one with several variants. There is no single fix.

WAW8, Feb 15, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. mbryans

westcoast

Do you have the same problem when you startup in Safe Mode?
    If the blue screen only flashes just before the computer restarts and you are unable to copy any information from it, you can press F8 during restart to get into startup options menu.
    Select the Disable automatic restart on system failure option.
    This will stop the system from restarting and allow you to copy any pertinent information from the blue screen which you can then use to search for solutions. Like WAW8 said this is most likely some sort of video chipset driver/hardware problem.

westcoast, May 23, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question