Speech recognition

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by rabbel, Jun 19, 2008.

1. rabbel

rabbel

Friends,

Knowing that Vista Home Edition should have the option to use Speech Recognition I opened the control panel to find out that -contrary to all the images I saw in tutorials- my Speech Recognition Panel is not showing anything see attachment). And it's already a bit of a pain for me to work with this vista because it came in Portuguese since I'm working and living in Brazil. My knowledge of Portuguese isn't that good yet, but, if a control panel is not showing what English tutorials show me, even not in Portuguese, than I really find myself in trouble. Anyone out there having an identical problem?

rabbel, Jun 19, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. rabbel

WAW8

WAW8, Jun 19, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. rabbel

rabbel

Thanx walker...I will sure take a look and, see how far I come. So the control panel is not the problem I gues? Just me, having to read a bit more? Just feel very insecure about this 'empty' control panel while all tutorials show a panel with 5 nice options!

regards,

willem

rabbel, Jun 19, 2008
  4. rabbel

rabbel

Walker,

the site you're referring to is the site I visited when I started my search for a good tutorial: of course Google brought me there. However, this was the site showing the control panel WITH the options I cannot find in my Vista (see atachement 2) when I open my control panel (see atachement 3) The tutorial itself is quite good. No problems. The problem is its no use to read when I'm stuck at the control panel!

Regards,

Willem

rabbel, Jun 20, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question