"special" dual boot Vista/XP

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by fixo, May 22, 2007.

1. fixo

fixo

I've been using my desktop PC with a one partition hd that has XP installed. Now I removed this hd and installed a new one with Vista for testing purposes so no settings of both operating systems would ever cross.

Since I've two, seperate hard drives both with one operating system, I wonder how I could choose which one to boot from when both hard drives are installed in my pc. Right now, the Vista hard drive is my C:\ and it boots fine, while the other one is seen as D:\ within Vista.

I thought maybe EasyBCD could do the trick, but that doesn't seem to work (or I'm doing something wrong of course!). So it's not the usual dual-boot system I'm looking for where the OS are 'aware' of each other during installation so now I wonder if it could be done at all.

Anyone any idea?

thanks and regards,

Frank

aka fixo

fixo, May 22, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. fixo

kingofnexus

See this, and for a more simple information this.

From using information contained in those posts you should be able to edit the bootloader in vista to accomodate XP.

kingofnexus, May 22, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question