Speakers problem on newly installed Vista Ultimate

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by juoin, Nov 30, 2009.

1. juoin

juoin

Hi all,

I just upgraded my Lenovo Z60m last night to Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit and now i can't get any sound out whatsoever. Ive tried attaching headphones and stuff but none of them work. im pretty sure its probably my driver problem but i have no idea how to check what my sound card is. ive already tried realtek and soundmax but none of them work! Anyone has an idea where and how to check my soundcard and how to solve this problem? Thx!!

juoin, Nov 30, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. juoin

WAW8

Try the Lenovo support site. They have troubleshooting guides. You can also check there to ensure you have the latest drivers -- since this is most probably a driver related issue.

WAW8, Nov 30, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. juoin

juoin

hmmm, ive tried that already. but on the website it just reads that the driver should be installed with the OS. At wits end here..... thx!

juoin, Nov 30, 2009
  4. juoin

WAW8

How did you "upgrade"? Was it using a file or disk that Lenovo provided? OR did you purchase your own Vista DVD and use it?

If the second, it's going to be a tough problem to solve. The Lenovo site lists a number of variations on the Z60M. You will have to find out which specifically is yours, and once you do that, Google on that variation to see if you can find out what audio chipset was installed on the motherboard in your variant.

Once you find that out, you can then Google for drivers.

WAW8, Nov 30, 2009
  5. juoin

juoin

hmmmm, alright! thanks, ill try that and see how it works out! :)

juoin, Nov 30, 2009
  6. juoin

juoin

it still doesnt work... :(. thx anyway for the suggestions.

juoin, Dec 1, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question