Speakers Dont work After upgrading from XP to Vista

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Squado, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Squado

Squado

After I upgraded my windows XP SP2 to vista ultimate my speakers have decided not to work. I have tried everything from changing drivers, rolling back, and upgrading and nothing seems to work. When I got to my device manager for sound it shows that the speakers are producing sound but nothing is coming out. My current software is realtek high def audio. Instead of a checkmark there is a red arrow facing down. Can anyone help me with this as you all know how annoying it is not to have any sound, especially when it was such a pain to upgrade to vista from the beginning.

Squado, Mar 1, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Squado

dr.bisho

sorry ma friend am not an administrator here but i thnk that the only problem is that ur speakers r not workin

try connectng other speakers 2 it, try changing da whole sound card if its built in or a pci ,,,, thats ma suggestion

cya;)

dr.bisho, Mar 1, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Squado

Squado

Im pretty sure that its not the speakers. The only reason why I say that is because they were perfectly fine until I installed Vista. Also, the speakers show an output in volume, but their is a red down arrow and it says that the speakers are unplugged. I checked all connections and everything is fine. I would really prefer to fix this as Im sure its fixable through either updates or configurations. Just graduating college and dont really feel like spending money on a sound card.

Squado, Mar 1, 2007
  4. Squado

LPDustin

I have had a speaker problem too, I have a 5.1 speaker sysytem, BRAND NEW, they work, I know I tryed them with my 360. I have managed to make it so atleast some noise comes out of the speakers other than the front right and left, too bad its just jibberish noise and not music....

LPDustin, Mar 1, 2007
  5. Squado

Squado

Yeah, I only have 2 speakers and I cant get them to work. Im assuming drivers or some sort of update is required upgrading from XP SP2....?

Squado, Mar 1, 2007
  6. Squado

kingofnexus

Try uninstalling the sound drivers from device manager then running windows update. This might make windows find and install drivers for you. Probably wont work though but worth a shot.

kingofnexus, Mar 2, 2007
  7. Squado

Squado

Yeah, just gave it a try and nothing worked. You would think that something so stupid would be easier to fix. If anyone else has had this problem, solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Squado, Mar 2, 2007
  8. Squado

VistaRocks

Try going into taskmanager-services, find audiosrv service, right click on it, stop service then do the same thing but start it back up. I know this worked with RC2 but not sure about ant of the final versions, but its worth a shot.

VistaRocks, Mar 2, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question