Speakers and Headphones connected and work, but can't get no sound from both at the same time

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ricanelite, May 27, 2008.

1. ricanelite

ricanelite

Okay I'm running Windows Vista 32bit and I have Gateway GT5464 Tower. Now I have my Computer Speakers connected to the back and my headphones connected to front jack. Now they both work fine but I have to either disable one or the other to get it working. How come I can't get both my headphones and speakers working at the same time.

ricanelite, May 27, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. ricanelite

WAW8

Because ... that's the way that Gateway had the machine wired. In machines that have both front headphone jacks and rear speaker jacks, plugging headphones into the front generally disables output from the rear jacks. At least, that's been my experience.

I do currently run both headphones and speakers simultaneously, but I do that using "Y" cables plugged into the rear jacks only.

You may have to resort to doing the same thing.

WAW8, May 28, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. ricanelite

ricanelite

Oh thank you so much for the reply. Great advice will radio shack be the place to head to for that? Don't really have to much experience with Audio.

ricanelite, Jun 1, 2008
  4. ricanelite

kingofnexus

kingofnexus, Jun 2, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question