Sound from front, center and sub-woofer speakers but not rear

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Advocate, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Advocate

Advocate

Hi Everyone

I had installed my creative extreme music card and the beta drivers but only got sound out of the front left, right,center and sub but nothing out of my rear speakers. I then decided to try my on board sound to see if it was a problem with the creative drivers but i get the same thing.

Anyone have any fresh ideas. I have tried searching other forums and the manufacturer. I have all the latest updates as well even my DVD burner firmware.

Thanks in Advance

EVGA 680i Motherboard, E6600 core2 duo, EVGA 8800gtx, 2 gig OCZ Ram. Windows Vista Home premium. z5500 speakers.

Advocate, Feb 24, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Advocate

Saihossoku

I have the exact same problem!

Well after some digging and tweaking I've finally discovered how to get your 5.1 back! Here's how;

1.) Uninstall your previous sound drivers.
    2.) Disable UAC- User Access Control (Go to Control Panel-User Accounts In this menu option there should be an underlined option called Turn User Account On or Off...click that. 3. Unselect the option Use User Account Control (UAC) to Help Protect My Computer and then reboot your system.)
    3.)Download and intall these drivers;

ftp://209.216.61.149/pc/audio/6213_Vista_APO.zip

DONE! Enjoy your 5.1 surround Sound.

Keep in mind you this is for onboard sound (AC'97), I'm still here with a Sound Blaster Audigy I can't use as well. You'd think the'd have fixed this issue by now.

Saihossoku, Mar 3, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question