Sonic Solutions DLA

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Roly, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Roly

Roly

This is really bugging me now.

Everytime I start up Vista, plug in a portable hard drive or Ipod I get the "Program Compatibility Assistant" pop up saying this drive isnt compatible. When i unplug the ipod, the message just wont go away!!!! Really annoying.

I've tried unistalling the software (MyDVD) but this seems to lose my DVD drive on a reboot? (guessing its got something to do with Drive Letter Access being removed) I've tried messing about with Defender to stop it loading at start-up, but this doesnt seem to make any difference.

Is there anyway I can get rid of this message or unistall the software/driver without causing problems. I dont even use the software anymore! Its really really annoying!!!

Can anybody help me please?

Below is copied from the "problems and solutions" report for the driver:

Description
    A driver is installed that causes stability problems with your system. This driver will be disabled. Please contact the driver manufacturer for an update that is compatible with this version of Windows.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: ApphelpHardBlock
    Problem Signature 01: {f9ab2228-3312-4a73-b6f9-936d70e112ef}
    Problem Signature 02: {477a5564-4bc5-44e4-af2c-b0ef22f10e1b}
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 2057

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 14182360

Roly, Feb 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Roly

Roly

Roly, Feb 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Roly

King Ralph

Buddy I have the same problem with Sonic DLA. I went to safe Mode and remove programs clicked on it + uninstall, +same thing..I need more help...Guess I'm notthe King...Anyone please help me..

King Ralph, Mar 7, 2007
  4. Roly

Jim B.

I tried this solution but could not find the Sonic Solutions DLA driver listed in the add/remove programs list. How do I get to it?

Jim B.

Jim B., Mar 11, 2007
  5. Roly

ilene

I went back and forth with Dell support regarding the incompatiblity issue with the Sonic Solutions DLA driver issue. There are other links for non-Dell users but this is what I used and it worked!. Now if only they could resolve the CD burn issue with any 3rd party software. Does not work other than Windows Explorer drag and drop.

This is the link I was given...<SPAN id=lw_1173650636_7 style="BACKGROUND: #dceeff; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed">http://docs.roxio.com/patches/d2d3290.exe </SPAN>

ilene, Mar 11, 2007
  6. Roly

LisaMarie

hELLO EVERYONE IAM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM! I just bought this computer and already Iam having problems with it! Compatability problem driver blocked!! It asks that we go to sonic solutions and thats no help!! This window vista is annoying me!!! I can't log on to the internet or download music!!! What can we do? Someone help!!!!!!!! I called Dell and i have been going back and forth on the telephone. I just called them and said I wanted to return the whole system itself and purchase a new one. Help Anyone

LisaMarie, Mar 13, 2007
  7. Roly

GTT

GTT, Mar 14, 2007
  8. Roly

Fanella

Fanella, Mar 24, 2007
  9. Roly

stevelot

I installed Roxio 9 on a new HP with Vista home premium. Had the same Sonic DLA problem. I uninstalled Drag to Disk which was one of the Roxio programs. Problem solved.

stevelot, Mar 24, 2007
  10. Roly

steveAZ

Wow this forum is great, its resolved nearly all of my issues (to date). One left to go...

Anyways, all the above info is correct. This solved my sonic solutions DLA compatibility error.

If you don't feel comfortable running the .exe from here, here is the link to the roxio resoution page. You read about it there, and run the set up file.

Pretty much as stated above, it is the drag to disk program that is causing the error. When running the roxio update, it will uninstall drag to disk and reinstall an updated version. It will also not launch at startup any longer.

I have a new Dell system and this driver incompatibilty came on at first boot up (isn't that great).

Now if I could get my monitor to go into standby, I could save some moneey on electricty!

steveAZ, Mar 27, 2007
  11. Roly

Swali

This topic may be a couple months old, and I may be new, but I have the same problem with a new twist.

When I try to install the patch, it says I don't have the program.

"Software not Found:

Drag-to-Disc 32 Vista could not be located on your system. Re-install Drag-to-Disc 32 Vista and then run this patch again."

:crying:

Swali, May 3, 2007
  12. Roly

ads34

I downloaded the file to let you remove programs in safe mode. When I tried to uninstall the program, it stopped halfway through, giving me this error message:

There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your supposed personnel or package vendor.

I tried the Roxio patch, but I don't have Drag to Disk on my system.

Help!

ads34, Sep 15, 2007
  13. Roly

Kiteman

Not sure if people are still having this problem butI was and just ignored it for awhile. It came on every time I booted.

Description
    A driver is installed that causes stability problems with your system. This driver will be disabled. Please contact the driver manufacturer for an update that is compatible with this version of Windows.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: ApphelpHardBlock
    Problem Signature 01: {f9ab2228-3312-4a73-b6f9-936d70e112ef}
    Problem Signature 02: {477a5564-4bc5-44e4-af2c-b0ef22f10e1b}
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 2057

Then, both of my DVD drives disappeared and there was just a yellow exclamation mark in the device manager by the drives. I removed the driver and the reinstalled but nothing. Then I read that there was a patch called cdgone. You can google it and find it. The site says that it's only for XP but it works on Vista. I ran cdgone it got rid of the roxio problem and brought back my drives. Thanks to the author of cdgone.

Kiteman, May 31, 2008
  14. Roly

rgoddu

Spent the last month working this issue and got nowhere with all the suggestions. Did a bit digging and found (eventually) that the ROXIO DVD-ROM EMULATOR SCSI was the issue.

Go to Computer and right click on it. Select Manage and allow the Computer Management application to launch. Go to System Tools&gt;Device Manager and look for ROXIO DVD-ROM EMULATOR SCSI under the DVD/CD-ROM drives. Right click and go to Properties and got to the Driver tab. Click on Driver Details and you will see the offending driver. C:\Windows\system32\drivers\drvmcb.sys

If you delete this guy, Windows Vista will just put it back. Go back to the previous dialog box that has the Driver tab and click on the Disable button. Then click OK. I have not had any trouble since.

I am running Vista Ultimate (upgraded from XP SP2).

rgoddu, Nov 21, 2008
  15. Roly

anna_maria_hall

This may sound like a really stupid question, but, I don`t want to go around disabling programs on my computer when I don`t even know what they are or what they are for. So my question is, what IS Sonic Solutions DLA?? I googled this question and then only answers I`m getting is how to get rid of the annoying pop-up. Doesn`t anyone know what it is???

anna_maria_hall, Jun 23, 2009
  16. Roly

WAW8

As you can see from the thread ... it's part of the Roxio suite, and evidently, preinstalled on some machines.

WAW8, Jun 27, 2009
  17. Roly

jcm

Thank you so much! This patch worked for me, you're brilliant, the annoying incapatability message is finally gone!

jcm, Aug 28, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question