somehow my administrator account turned into a standard account

Discussion in 'Performance & Tweaks' started by tinylea27, Jun 2, 2009.

1. tinylea27

tinylea27

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 that runs Vista Home Basic 32bt.

When I first got my laptop a couple of years ago, the built in administrator account was disabled. Last year I was having problems with my computer so I enabled the administrator account. This morning i was cleaning up my laptop and getting rid of programs that I have previously installed but do not use anymore. I disabled the administrator account because I never used it. Since the separate account I used was an administrator account, I figured there wouldn't be any problems. After I disabled the built in administrator account I started having problems installing things and changing my settings. Whenever the User Account Control window pops up with the "windows needs your permission to continue" box. I used to be able to hit OK and continue with whatever I was working on, but now I can't. I checked my account info and it was somehow changed to Standard permissions instead of Administrator. How can I change it back to an Administrator account? Do I have to do a system restore? if so, how do i do that?

tinylea27, Jun 2, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question