Some has to help

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by 2142, Oct 24, 2007.

1. 2142

I have windows vista ultimate 64-bit and i would like togo back to xp for a while and when i put the cd in and restart myPCit says i cant boot from the cdrom ( it says error code 4). also when i run it when my PC is on it says i cant run itb.c i am running a newer version of windows than the one on the CD (italso says the program is blocked due tocompatbility issue).

can someone please help i really want to go back to xp :crying:

2142, Oct 24, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. 2142

WAW8

I'm pretty sure I already replied to this ... but I don't see the reply here ...

Anyway, there's the possibility that the XP CD medium is damaged, so, try another CD, any CD. If the machine attempts to boot, then it can read the CD and your BIOS boot settings are correct. If the machine skips the boot attempt and goes straight into Vista, the CD drive is bad or the BIOS boot settings are wrong.

Its been YEARS since I installed XP, so I don't remember if the installation provided the option of reformatting the drive, but if it doesn't, you'll have to reformat the drive using some third-party utility first -- in order to create empty space or a new partition in which to install XP.

WAW8, Oct 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question