[SOLVED]Sound playing in Vista !!!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by mircea1327, Sep 13, 2008.

1. mircea1327

mircea1327

Hi,

i have the notebook since a month and everything works fine. however, i always have that strange sound playing in vista. it happens every 5-10mins, i dont know what it it. its not caused by the hardware, but its played by vista, so to make it clear it is a soundfile. i have no clue, which software or whatever causes it. anyone, who has an idea? and no, it was already there with the original setup, it is not because of any software i installed additionally. i would really be happy, if someone knows how to stop that.

Tks a lot !!!

mircea1327, Sep 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. mircea1327

WAW8

Presuming that you bought the machine preloaded with Vista, my guess is that it was also loaded with OEM apps, and that one of them wants you to do something (e.g., register, upgrade, buy more stuff, etc.) and the sound is an audible alarm to get your attention.

Given the wide variety of crapware that OEMs load, it could be almost anything.

To run it down, suggest going into MSCONFIG, disabling all the startup items, and going through a loop of re-enabling them one at a time, rebooting, and waiting for the sound. When it happens, the last app you re-enabled is the culprit. If you don't need that app, you can disable it on start up and leave it that way.

WAW8, Sep 16, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. mircea1327

mircea1327

Tks a lot !!

I did that and now works fine no more uninvited sound !!!

Tks again !!!

mircea1327, Sep 17, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question