[SOLVED]service pack 1

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by twist3d, Mar 20, 2008.

1. twist3d

twist3d

hey guys,

i'm having really bad problems installing SP1... its downloaded and says its doing the usual install routine, then restarts and continues the install at the welcome screen. This gets to about 50% the says its reverting changes. the error code its giving is 80070059. I can only find things related to this code about the release candidate (which i've never installed). Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks

Martyn

My specs are:

Vista home premium x64

amd x2 6000+

2Gb Corsair XMS ram

2x80Gb western digital wd800j HD's in raid 0

radeon 2900xt

creative x-fi

twist3d, Mar 20, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. twist3d

WAW8

This is an installation-related problem; I'm moving it to the Upgrade/Installation forum.

If you look THERE, you'll see a post about reasons for NOT getting SP 1 to install. Check to see if any of those apply to your machine.

WAW8, Mar 20, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. twist3d

twist3d

ok, cheers for the pointing in the right direction :p sorry for not noticing, first time here

twist3d, Mar 20, 2008
  4. twist3d

twist3d

still haven't found anything of any use. i've tried turning off firewall/anti-virus (norton) but that didn't help. i've checked on event viewer and it says:

Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of setting package Package_95_for_KB936330~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.1.18000 () into Staged(Staged) state

it says this for 89 packages.

any info would be awesome.

cheers

twist3d, Mar 20, 2008
  5. twist3d

WAW8

Did you check the pinned post to confirm that NONE of those restrictions applied to your machine?

If so, and none of them do, you may be one of the victims of this KB simply not installing. Now that SP 1 is out for real, there are increasing numbers of this kind of report.

But there are no fixes being posted, yet.

WAW8, Mar 20, 2008
  6. twist3d

twist3d

yeah i've looked through all the possible pins, and i've been scouring technet and google for anything at all on a possible fix.. nothing i can find :(

at least its good to know i'm not the only one with this problem.

thanks for your feedback

twist3d, Mar 20, 2008
  7. twist3d

twist3d

just thought i'd post this incase it helps anyone; i've just done an 'upgrade' using the install disc, and now SP1 is installed. I have Vista Home Premium x64, so if anyone else is in the same situation as i was in, give it a try (it takes ages but at least it sorts it out!)

happy easter!

twist3d, Mar 22, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question