[SOLVED] IE7 just hangs after some time

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by kwampach, Feb 5, 2008.

1. kwampach

kwampach

I just purchased a Toshiba A205-7464 laptop before Christmas and have been having a problem lately with the wireless internet hanging on me.

I will be online for a certain period of time, sometimes hours, sometimes 10 minutes. I will try to go to a website, not always the same one, and IE will just hang, no graphics will come up, the green bar just stops halfway through and it just hangs. I get no error page or anything but in order to get it working again, I have to reboot. It is really starting to tick me off because it is starting to happen more frequently. I have uninstalled McAfee and installed my own Security Software (CA Suite).

Here are some stats on my PC:

Intel T5250 Core 2 Duo Processor 1.5 GHz, 2GB RAM, Intel 3495ABG Wireless Adapter.

If you need anyother stats from me, please let me know. Is there some kind of patch that will fix this or do I have faulty equipment? I just want to get it fixed because it is really pissing my wife off and we all know what a bad thing that is!

Thanks,

Kurt

kwampach, Feb 5, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. kwampach

WAW8

[Moderator} Moved this to the Technical Support forum as it's not a Networking problem.

See the "pinned" post on IE 7 crashed for some tips.

WAW8, Feb 5, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. kwampach

kwampach

I have fixed the problem. CA Internet Security Suite was the culprit. It was not only slowing down my system startup, but it sped up the internet as well as not having anymore hanging once I uninstalled it.

If you have CA Suite on a vista machine, it might be wise to re-think that. Windows has all you need except for virus software, so now I have the free AVG Software on my laptop and just use the windows firewall for everything else.

Thanks for the tips.

kwampach, Feb 6, 2008
  4. kwampach

WAW8

Thanks for the feedback. I'll update the "pinned" post accordingly.

WAW8, Feb 6, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question