[Solved] Huge Desktop Icons

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by doni49, Nov 24, 2008.

1. doni49

doni49

I know I read something about this when I first got my Laptop with Vista. But that was in January and I can't remember.

I tried doing a search. But I keep getting an error message telling me that I don't have rights to that feature and that I need to log in. BUT I AM LOGGED IN--that's how I'm able to post this message.

Anyway. how can I reduce the size of my icons to something normal? They're so large that my screen can only show 8 rows of icons.

Thanks.

doni49, Nov 24, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. doni49

WAW8

Search is disabled in the forums -- doesn't matter whether you're registered or not.

Regarding the icon size, try changing to classic view when modifying desktop properties. That will produce a list of items you can change. One of them will be the icon size, along with the icon spacing and font size.

WAW8, Nov 24, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. doni49

doni49

I tried that earlier today--the icons stayed the same size and the icon labels got bigger and the spacing got bigger.

doni49, Nov 24, 2008
  4. doni49

doni49

Remembered the answer last night.

Right Click on blank space on the desktop and choose View>Classic Icons.

doni49, Nov 25, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question