[SOLVED]Dual HD boot,Vista 32& XP,use Vista Boot Pro?

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by B.Buster, Oct 13, 2008.

1. B.Buster

B.Buster

I have used Vista Boot Pro for Dual HD Vista32 & Vista64. Should I use this with Vista 32 as primary HD and XP as second HD. (I had this posted in wrong section yesterday) Thanks in advance.

B.Buster, Oct 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. B.Buster

WAW8

VistaBootPro (as with EasyBCD) is a great tool for manipulating the new Vista boot loader -- but it's only needed if you're not happy with the defaults. I have a multi-boot with Vista and XP, and use the default Vista boot loader menu.

If you install XP after Vista, though, you will probably have to use one of the two tools to add the XP entries to the Vista boot menu.

Also, unless you disconnect the Vista HD when you install XP second, there's a chance it will overwrite the MBR on the Vista drive, essentially, removing the ability to boot to Vista. It's been a while, but I seem to remember that VistaBootPro was also installable in XP, and thus provided you a way to recover the Vista boot if it got overwritten.

WAW8, Oct 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. B.Buster

B.Buster

Thanks WAW8 -Great info- just what I needed to know.

B.Buster, Oct 14, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question