[SOLVED] creative sound blaster x-fi

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by mike2006, Jan 23, 2008.

1. mike2006

mike2006

i just bought a sound blaster x-fi sound card and installed it into my vista computer, i have some logitech speakers hooked up to it, but i dont get any sound. i have reinstalled the drivers that came with the card, and unistalled and reinstalled the hardware drivers for the x-fi, but still no sound. is there some settings or something i've got screwed up? does anyone know what is going on?

mike2006, Jan 23, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. mike2006

WAW8

First off, please verify the following:

1) Onboard sound is disable in your BIOS settings

2) The drivers you installed were for Vista (says so on the CD), not for XP.

I'm asking the second because the shelf-life of products can extend for several months and even though you buy a product today, it was actually boxed and shipped six months ago -- when very few sound card vendors had actual Vista drivers.

Also, there were recent updates for the Vista drivers. The most current version (which came out in November) is v 2.15.004. Please confirm that you have that version of the drivers.

Finally, plug in headphones to the Front-out jack on the back of the card and confirm that sound comes out when you play a 2-channel source (i.e., mp3 file).

WAW8, Jan 23, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. mike2006

mike2006

i disabled the hd audio controller in BIOS, and i downloaded vista drivers from the creative website, all the drivers say they are working fine, but im not hearing anything

mike2006, Jan 23, 2008
  4. mike2006

WAW8

Did you check this using headphones as well as the speakers?

Does the audio SW include a panel for testing the sound output?

WAW8, Jan 24, 2008
  5. mike2006

mike2006

it was some sort of driver malfunction, im usingthe beta driver off this sitebecause everything else failed and it seems to be working correctly now.

mike2006, Jan 24, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question