[SOLVED]Black screen of death - Nothing I've tried will fix this

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by kublid, Oct 11, 2007.

1. kublid

kublid

Okay, first off, thank you all in advance for whoever can help solve this problem...

HP Laptop running Ultimate....

Everything was fine yesterday - attempted to load a .cue file with MagicISO and computer froze.. no biggie went to restart - got the loading shot (green night rider bar) and then black screen of death.

Restart - tried all safe modes but will not pass crcdisk.sys.....

Attemoted to start from dvd - finally got that working - Go in to repair mode - it finds Vista on by C: parition - scans for problems but can't fix them..

Try system restore - says there are none - which isn't true...

tried the command prompt and did bootrec /fixmbr and /fixboot

still no change.....

I even attempted to do a clean upgrade over the old one, but of course the upgrade option is grayed out...

ANYONE??????? I exhausted all I know how to do.. any help or suggestions would be great, I'll try anything!!

kublid, Oct 11, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. kublid

cyclic

I think the first question has to be, what the .cue file was for or rather what was the .bin file the .cue file referenced ? I don't meen I need an answer but you need to ask it yourself, where did it come from and are you fully protected and up to date with anti-vi and the like, I cannot think of anything or anyway in which MagicIso works that could cause such an error, but of course that could be coincidental a hardware failure has to occur whilst the machine is running so what the machine was doing at the time might be of no significance whatever.

Start from basics by making sure all expansion cards, memory and CPU are pushed firmly home and the connectors for drives etc; are fully in place at both ends. As you didn't say there was can we assume there are no 'beeps' made on trying to boot ?

cyclic, Oct 12, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. kublid

nintendofan79

OMG THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME! I loaded a cue file through the Magic ISO Mounter and it hung, and now im screwed

nintendofan79, Oct 18, 2007
  4. kublid

papadawgz

please help, i got the same problem. Got the black screen of death.

thanks in advance.

papadawgz, Feb 2, 2008
  5. kublid

Tallia

I experienced the same problem. I tried to mount a file. MagicISO then seemed to freeze. When I tried to shutdown the computer it never progressed beyond the shutting down the computer. I manually shut it off. When I restarted, it ended up holding at a blank screen. Booting to safe mode the last driver it listed loading was crcdisk.sys. I was afraid that perhaps I had corrupted files due to the manual shutdown, but neither startup repair or chkdsk resolved the issue.

I found this thread which showed that other people had the exact same issue. This is how I fixed it...

It seems MagicISO was blocking the boot process from continuing. Going to the command prompt in the Vista repair options, I renamed the file I had tried to mount. I was then able to boot Vista successfully. It appears that everytime I had tried to boot, MagicISO was choking on the same file everytime.

Hope this helps.

Tallia, Apr 30, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question