SLI mode wrecks media player and media center using 64 bit vista

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by me too, Oct 6, 2007.

1. me too

me too

I'm using two 8600GTS cards in SLI mode and have installed the latest 64 bit nvidia drivers for my cards and chipset. When SLI is enabled, audio continues normally but the video repeatedly flashes. Occasionally I'll experience black screens too but only within the software....not the wholescreen. When SLI is disabledboth mediaplayer and media center function normally. I've tried choosing single gpu mode in the nvidia control panel while using SLI in an attempt to "trick" the softwarewithout success. Media player and media center will not perform properly unless SLI is disabled. Does anyone have a solution for my problem? Is anyone else using SLI mode and not experiencing what I am? I'm at my wits end over this.

me too, Oct 6, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. me too

kingofnexus

Sounds very driver related. Nvidia have been quite useless for drivers for the latest 8000 series. You may need to wait for nvidia to release some better drivers.

Also is their some settings that are video related in the nvidea control panel? There may be a setting in their to change how video is rendered (perhaps each gpu is trying to render alternate frames or something and the drivers for it are broken).

kingofnexus, Oct 7, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. me too

me too

Yes there are several rendering options in the control panel. There is single gpu, split frame rendering and alternate frame rendering 1 & 2. My problem occurs with any setting. Nvidia even offers profiles for media player and media center but those don't work. The video still stutters as long as the cards are in SLI. I haven't seen anyone complain about having the same specific problem as me so I'm wondering if the fault is with driver installation or I need to tweak vista in some way. Oh....when the video "stutters" I mean it constantly flashes the first frame and only the first frame. Thanks for the reply :)

me too, Oct 7, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question