Skype and VPN Dont work

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by tecfobe, Jul 3, 2011.

1. tecfobe

tecfobe

HI all
    I have come from xp pro acer 230 to Vista home premium Packard Bell Easynote

I am still finding my way around Vista and it seems slow to xp anyway its only for very basic use.BUT
    I cannot get Skype free to work NOR the vpn I need which were both ok on xp

Is there a trick I am not aware of? and will FF5 be ok I see some of the addons dont work. assume that is a ff problem and will be resolved,
    like many I like the add block features.
    But the two probs above I need to resolve.

Cheers:(

tecfobe, Jul 3, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. tecfobe

WAW8

Can only comment on FF5 -- and I dropped FF4 because some of my most-used add-ons were not available anymore. I don't need any of the cloud garbage, nor do I use the social media stuff. So, FF3.x continues to work fine.

All I can suggest, if you switch over to FF5, is to continue checking on the add-ons. Since these are available for free, there's not a log of incentive for the creators to keep updating them every time FF changes versions. Note that we've gone from 3.x to 5.x in only a few months.

WAW8, Jul 4, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. tecfobe

tecfobe

Yes it appears there is a player to download and,sp2 ---over 1gig! ---to get the vpn to work on Vista, its going to be a long day no way can it work from the xp version on my stick:mad:
    Come back xp

tecfobe, Jul 5, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question