Size of the Original Vista Ultimate

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by golumolu, Jul 23, 2008.

1. golumolu

golumolu

Is the Size of the Original Vista Ultimate DVD is Bigger Than the Original Vista Ultimate with SP1 DVD? If so what is the reason ?

golumolu, Jul 23, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. golumolu

WAW8

I guess by "size" you don't mean the physical dimensions of the DVD. Right?

You are aware that the Vista DVD consists primarily of compressed images, each for a different "version" of Vista, such that the Ultimate DVD is not just Ultimate, but other versions as well, right?

I'm puzzled because I don't know where you're going with this. What if the different images now have different sizes than they did 18 months ago? MS may have used different compression algorithms. MS may have consolidated a bunch of common code into one image, thus shrinking the size of other images. MS may have rewritten some code to be more efficient, thus reducing the size of the code base, and the sizes of the corresponding images.

Could be any number of reasons why the images today are not the same sizes as they were on the original DVD. Don't think you will get anyone in MS to tell you specifically why, though.

WAW8, Jul 24, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question