Site posting

Discussion in 'Main Lounge' started by VistaRocks, Jan 1, 2007.

1. VistaRocks

VistaRocks

Well i joined this site in hopes of helping and learning but it seems like not many ppl are posting. Kind of disapointing really. I really like VISTA and was looking to help others out plus maybe learn afew things too. I dual boot VISTA and XP but ive been booting VISTA most of the time. Some ppl have all kinds of problem but right now the only problem i have is tring to play videos on youtube but thats no big deal. Well come on ppl lets bring this forum to life,moderaters too,lol. Look at it like this, if we can get this forum going strong then when more and more ppl start running VISTA they can come here and learn what to do. I know we have some ppl here that know the ins and outs of VISTA, mainly the mods cause i would think that that would have been one of the requirements for being a mod, right, but it seems like some of them havent logged on in a long time. Lets go ppl get posting. Well thats my rant for now i guess:). Later.

VistaRocks, Jan 1, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. VistaRocks

Jason

I completely agree with you. Some of the moderators tend to come and go. I just went through and started stripping privileges of users who haven't been activate at all lately. I make it my goal to check the site a few times per day making at least a new topic or helping others out. We just recently got a couple more great mods like CAMRIDE who is very knowledgeable and a great contributer.

If you'd like to help out more then I'd be happy to make you a moderator privileges. PM me if your interested.

Jason, Jan 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. VistaRocks

Camride

Thanks Jason. I'm definitely not the most knowledgable guy but I know a bit. You'll often see me post in spurts, as I usually have either alot of time to post or none at all. Just depends on my work load for that day. But I will always try to post a response to a problem if I know the answer or have an idea. I'm also still trying to figure some things out with Vista, so I'll also be posting problems in the Tech section. Either way, this is a great board and I too hope that it grows alot. I think this can and will be a great resource for people as they switch from XP to Vista.

:)

Camride, Jan 12, 2007
  4. VistaRocks

Bistro

I'm looking forward to seeing this forum really jump to life when Vista is released at the end of the month. From everything I read, there will still be plenty of issues with the new release....people will probably have a heck of a lot of questions. Microsoft is offering 90 days worth of technical support...people may want to go there first (I wouldn't want to be a telephoneoperator at MS). But after the 90 days, you'll have to pay for MS's support. That's probably when you'll see the numbers jump here. Right now, we'll just have to be patient and wait I guess.

Looking forward to sharing and learning a heck of lot here. :)

Bistro, Jan 12, 2007
  5. VistaRocks

Amilo

Hello. I've just joined having liked what I've read on the various topics, but I'm not sure where to post my topic which is a question about which Vista I should install when it's officially released.

Vista Upgrade advisor says all 4 versions will work on my system, but it doesn't say which one will work best.

Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo A 1630 notebook
    Athlon 64 3400+
    1 Gig RAM
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128mb RAM

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Amilo, Jan 19, 2007
  6. VistaRocks

Jason

You'll be perfectly fine w/ that cpu/ram/video card to run any version. Even Ultimate.

Jason, Jan 19, 2007
  7. VistaRocks

VistaRocks

Just wanted to say congrats. I see over 500 ppl on the site and 7 are members:D

*edit* over 1000 and 9 members. woohoo:D

VistaRocks, Jan 19, 2007
  8. VistaRocks

Amilo

Thanks Jason.

I'm leaning towards Home Premium. Is there a 64 bit version ? Do all versions come with a choice of 32 bit or 64 bit ?

I'm a newbie and a novice, as you can probably see.

Amilo, Jan 19, 2007
  9. VistaRocks

blackhat

they all come in 32 and 64 bit versions.

exept vista starter. but thats crap anyway

blackhat, Jan 22, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question