SiS IDE problem when installing Vista HPE

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Doudar, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Doudar

Doudar

Hi, I am having a problem installing my copy of Vista Home Premium Edition. When the setup program reaches the "Where do you want to install Windows?" section, it does not detect any HDD’s. I have downloaded latest SiS IDE drivers for Windows XP from the Gigabyte website and it finds the drive, I can then create and format the partition on the HDD. Unfortunately after the first Vista restart after copying files I get a BSoD with what I think is a 0x7B STOP error, it is only on the screen for a second before it reboots.

I have tried installing XP pro and this installs and works fine, I even ran the Windows Vista Upgrade Adviser and apart from my printer it says every thing else is compatible. Last year I had installed the beta version of Vista and this installed fine, the only issues I had then were with unstable (beta) sound drivers.

Can anyone advise me on the best way of getting Vista working on my PC, or have I wasted my money.

System info
    Intel P4 2.4GHz (socket 478)
    Gigabyte GA-8SG800 (latest BIOS F5)
    SiS 648 Chipset
    SiS 963 IDE Controller
    1.0GiB RAM (DDR 2700)
    140GB Maxtor HDD
    NVIDIA 7600GS AGP Video

Thanks

John D

Doudar, Feb 1, 2007
    1. Advertisements