Sidebar starting bluetooth install upon bootup

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Expresszero, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Expresszero

Expresszero

Somehow my Vista sidebar and my bluetooth are now married. When I first log in, I get a popup that says "Please wait while windows configures bluetooth software" along with "please execute 'setup.exe' for install or upgrade". I click Cancel on both of these, and then sidebar loads fine. I havent downloaded any bluetooth related stuff recently, in fact I dont use bluetooth at all. I have no idea how to correct this. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe away to uninstall (not just disable) sidebar, and then reinstall it?

Expresszero, Mar 31, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Expresszero

Jason

Go to the run box on the start menu and type msconfig , then go to the startup items and see if there are unnecessary things starting up such as an installer.

Jason, Mar 31, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. Expresszero

Lyona

have the same problem

startup doesn't have any unknown installer that can cause such thing. by the hit-and-miss method i explored that this is problem of just sidebar... annoying (

Lyona, Apr 1, 2008
  4. Expresszero

Denali

Still no answer to this problem?

It happens every time I boot (Vista 32-bit Home Premium).

Denali, Mar 31, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question