Shuting off during game play?

Discussion in 'Performance & Tweaks' started by Csaum, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Csaum

Csaum

Recently my windows vista/computer has been shuting itself down after a period of 10-15 minutes of gameplay. Reguardless of the game or age thereof. it may be linked to this message that pops up every time the computer starts up but im not sure. If there is anyone who knows how to fix this or knows of anyone who can help me please help me!

This is the message that continues to pop up

"Could not load file or assembly 'MOM.Implementation, Version=2.0.3555.28962,Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e' or one of its dependencies. the system cannot find the file specified.

Csaum, Jun 13, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Csaum

WAW8

This is most generally associated with some corruption in the ATI video drivers associated with the Catalyst Control Center and a conflict with MS .Net.

If you're running ATI drivers, then do the following:

1) uninstall Catalyst Control Center

2) uninstall all versions of .NET Framework and restart

3) install .NET 3.5 and update with windows update

4) install latest Catalyst Control Center

WAW8, Jun 13, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Csaum

Csaum

Where can i find these reinstalments?

Csaum, Jun 13, 2010
  4. Csaum

WAW8

That's what Google is for ...

But seriously, you go to ATI to get their drivers; you go to Microsoft to get .Net.

WAW8, Jun 14, 2010
  5. Csaum

Csaum

Ok ive done all of that all it seamed to do is remove the message that used to apear when i turn on the computer. But, it still shuts down after 10-12 min.s of gameplay. Do you have any other ideas? any help is appreciated. Thankz

p.s i dont enjoy being mocked i know i could google the things i was wondering if you had any other sites that you trusted or knew were easy to work with.

Csaum, Jun 14, 2010
  6. Csaum

WAW8

If it's just shutting down without warning, that's nearly always either a memory issue or a heat issue. Only freeware memory checkers I know of are included with Ubuntu CDs. IF you Google for those (get version 10.04), download and burn the image, and boot from that, it will present an option to run a memory test. That will at least see if you're having a memory problem. As to the heat, you can Google for SpeedFan, download and install it, and use it to monitor temperatures. IF your CPU is reaching temps over 70 degress C regularly, you have a heat problem.

I wasn't mocking you ... sorry you took it that way.

Folks come here all the time with obscure driver requests and automatically expect us to provide the drivers they want.

The sites I generally trust are the ones directly associated with the hardware suppliers. What I do NOT trust, and I've found this to be consistently true, is those sites that offer to run a check on your machine to identify obsolete drivers. At best, they then download the same drivers you already have; at worst, they then download the wrong drivers and crash your machine in the process.

So, if you're looking for ATI drivers, any site listed that does not being with "amd" or "ati" is generally NOT to be trusted.

WAW8, Jun 14, 2010
  7. Csaum

Csaum

Thank you, and i have tried to redownload which ended up only fixing part of it but ig part is better than none!:w00t:

Csaum, Jun 14, 2010
  8. Csaum

vspeck23

are you sure its not a hardware issue try cleaning your computer out from dust and dirt that may be restricting the air flow it may be over heating and has a self cut out when it gets to a temperature

vspeck23, Dec 22, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question