shut down times

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by smiler52, Jun 11, 2011.

1. smiler52

smiler52

hi all i know this is not normal but my PC takes around 10 Min's to shut down sometimes is there any think i can do thanks

smiler52, Jun 11, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. smiler52

WAW8

Unless you're encountering problems restarting the PC after a shutdown, there's not really much you can do to make that process faster.

If you have programs open, windows open, and have been updating files, shutdown is going to take a while because disk writes are generally buffered, and this will have to take place, plus each of the apps will have to be closed gracefully, and windows closed as well.

If you close everything down manually before you do the shutdown and it still takes a long time, I would look into defragging the drive.

WAW8, Jun 13, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. smiler52

smiler52

i shut every think down i have ran a defrag i spoke to a tech guy at pc world he said i should take it in for some tests as i been getting a lot of bluescreens as well

smiler52, Jun 14, 2011
  4. smiler52

WAW8

You didn't mention blue screens in your post. Since you're getting them, you should have it looked at.

WAW8, Jun 14, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question