Shared printer help

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by curioustester, Jun 26, 2006.

1. curioustester

curioustester

Sharing a HP laser printer between two XP machines is simple. I have upgraded the machine with the printer attached to Windows Vista, and have set it to share the printer successfully. The XP machine was always able to "see the printer", and after lots of playing round, I finally got the XP machine to accept the drivers without telling me that the drivers were not correct for this model printer. I now have a supposed working printer BUT (Always a but!!!) when I tell the XP machine to print, it does, just that nothing comes out of the printer. There are no notices, everything seems fine, I just cannot get the printer work.

Of course the Vista machine has 2 hard drives, and my XP is still available on the other drive, but it is annoying having to switch back to XP just so the other computer can print. On the plus side, Vista Beta2 is working perfectly so far with no crashes or problems.

curioustester, Jun 26, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. curioustester

Jason

Why dont you want to put the printer on the xp machine and just share it off that one, and allow the vista one to print off that shared printer?

Jason, Jun 26, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question