Service Pack 1 and usb driver probs

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by scb222, Jul 8, 2008.

1. scb222

scb222

who is running service pack 1 and has usb driver probs??? im curious to know if this is solely related to sp1. it seems to be. a friend of mine just installed the sp1 earlier today and now says usb devices wont install on her pc. devices that did install before the sp1 installation. so when is sp2 coming out? i surely hope the ms boys are working hard on doing soemthing about all these driver probs. please come on guys this really is b/s.

scb222, Jul 8, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. scb222

WAW8

If you look at the top of the Drivers forum, you will see some pinned posts that could help.

And, yes, there are driver problems in Vista -- both before and after SP1. USB drivers seem to be causing the most problems. Lots of complaints now from folks whose external hard drives no longer work properly after SP 1 updating. Appealing to the drive suppliers is a waste of time because they'll tell you that the drivers come with Vista -- which is why they don't supply any!

As to SP 2, wouldn't hold your breath waiting. Would guess at least a year before it comes out, if then. Given the bad reception and experience with SP 1, wouldn't be surprised if MS abandoned the "SP" concept all together.

WAW8, Jul 8, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. scb222

davidscuthbert

I have a FULLY updated vista home premium 64. But i now can't install and new devices.

All my old usb devices can be unplugged and replugged in and thety work fine. It's just devices that the pc has never seen before that it won't install!!

davidscuthbert, Jul 9, 2008
  4. scb222

WAW8

Read the pinned posts at the top of this Forum and see if any of them help. There is no single "miracle cure" for driver problems in Vista.

WAW8, Jul 10, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question