Service pack 1 & 2

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Freeze, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Freeze

Freeze

First of all Big Thanks to lmacri for your speedy reply. Had to reload my windows vista. Recently requested assistance with loading service packs 1 & 2. Received a message - Before you start applying Service Packs you might want to consider posting in the thread Vista ISO Download in this forum and ask SIW2 if you can to obtain a "fully updated" ISO that includes SP1 and SP2 as well as all ~200 Vista security updates released prior to 11-Apr-2017 and reinstall with this slipstreamed ISO - just mention your Vista edition and whether you need a 32-bit of 64-bit ISO.

Sorry but I couldn’t find a forum Vista ISO Download. So I thought I would post here. Sorry if that is incorrect. At any rate I am needing assistance with getting the "fully updated" ISO that includes SP1 and SP2 as well as all ~200 Vista security updates released prior to 11-Apr-201. I have a 32-bit. Thanks in advance

Freeze, Oct 22, 2021
    1. Advertisements

2. Freeze

Freeze

ok I have received the email with the link for 32 bit vx862021.iso. I must be doing something wrong. I click on the link/ then I get Your browser seems a bit outdated/ I click on any of the recommended browser/ when I download chrome and open it i get Your clock is ahead A private connection to accounts.google.com can't be established because your computer's date and time (Friday, October 22, 2021 at 9:16:24 PM)/ my date and time is correct for my area/ when I download Opera, I can save the link/ however when I click to open the link for Opera nothing happens/ I can't figure out what is going on. It seems that the link won't work on any browser I try to use. Any and all help woukd be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Freeze, Oct 23, 2021
    1. Advertisements

3. Freeze

flavallee

The MSDN site that provides clean ISO downloads for Windows Vista SP2 32/64-bit is currently out of service.
    It's unknown when the site will be back in service and when the downloads will be available.
    You didn't say which version (Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, etc.) you need.
    This Windows Vista ISO download site doesn't provide as many choices, but it still works:
    https://stuff.mtt-m1.workers.dev/Windows Vista/

flavallee, Oct 26, 2021
  4. Freeze

Freeze

Hey thanks flavorlee. My bad. I have the Vista Home Premium 32bit system. Currently that pc is just sitting idle with just the oprating system loaded on it and a couple of web browsers. I don’t have it online cause I can’t download the mcafee anti virus suite which I get free. Whenever I try to open chrome, I get some kind of error that says my clock is incorrect. That is not true. But I can open Firefox. Maybe I will try using Firefox and go out to the website in your post to see if that will work for me. By the way I just went to that website. However I am a bit confused on which one I need to download for my system. Any recommendations

Freeze, Oct 26, 2021
  5. Freeze

flavallee

If you need Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32-bit, this should be the ISO download link for it:
    https://stuff.mtt-m1.workers.dev/Windows Vista/en_windows_vista_with_sp2_x86_dvd_342266.iso

I've been testing and using Windows Vista Business SP2 64-bit for a couple of years.
    The only up-to-date user-friendly browser I'm aware of that still works with Windows Vista is MyPal 29.3.0 (sets up and works a lot like Firefox).
    If you want to try it out, you can download the 32-bit version from here:
    https://www.mypal-browser.org/release/mypal-29.3.0.win32.installer.exe

flavallee, Oct 26, 2021
  6. Freeze

flavallee

There's something else that I should mention to you.
    A clean install of Windows Vista SP2 32-bit will be up-to-date only until April 2009.
    A very large number of security updates and hotfixes need to be installed afterwards which will bring it up-to-date to its official end-of-life date of April 2017.
    The process to do this is time-consuming and complicated.
    If you want to see the steps that are needed with the 64-bit version of Windows Vista SP2, go here:
    https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updated-steps-for-installing-updating-windows-vista-sp2.1224605/

flavallee, Oct 26, 2021
  7. Freeze

Freeze

Hey Thanks. I just saw your

Freeze, Oct 28, 2021
  8. Freeze

Freeze

Freeze, Oct 28, 2021
  9. Freeze

flavallee

All 3 of the webpage links that I submitted in posts #5 and #6 work fine.
    I just tried them again in my Mozilla Firefox 93.0 and Internet Explorer 11.0 browsers.

flavallee, Oct 29, 2021
  10. Freeze

Freeze

Thanks. Can you share with me the link you used to download the Firefox 93.0? Every time I try to download it, it get's almost done then fails. Thanks for all your help

Freeze, Oct 29, 2021
  11. Freeze

flavallee

You need to install and use the MyPal 29.3.0 browser that I linked you to in post #5.
    The Mozilla Firefox 93.0 browser is not supported by Windows Vista SP2 and will not install.

flavallee, Oct 30, 2021
  12. Freeze

Freeze

13. Freeze

flavallee

x86 is 32-bit.
    x64 is 64-bit.

flavallee, Nov 1, 2021
  14. Freeze

Freeze

OK! I followed your instructions. First I downloaded the Mypal browser per the link you provided. I then opened the Mypal browser and came back to the Vista site. I downloaded the sp2 from your post. I then tried to open the link to install or whatever and nothing happens. Was wondering, is it possible that I need to download something else to vista in order to get the link to open?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    Freeze, Nov 2, 2021
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question