Second Graphics card

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Andrew1980, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Andrew1980

Andrew1980

Hi,

I have just found this site, and it seems my best option. I have had vista running since launch fine. My problem is that I want to go dual monitor, I have just purchased a graphics card off of ebay. Geforce 2 MX/MX400. I know its not great quality, but I needed a PCI one and I only really want it to watch DVDs on. (Second monitor a tv). The thing is I can't get the card to work. Its saying Cannot start device (code 10). I have checked IRQ's and its not conflicting. I have tried to get latest drivers but to no avail. I am really stuck. Any information would be really useful thanks.

Andrew1980, Mar 22, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Andrew1980

3xternal

Vista requires that both cards use the same graphics driver. A Geforce 2 requires a much older driver than today's cards. If you are running a Nvidia primary card, check the vista drivers download supported section: geforce 2's are not listed there. Also, if you do not get a geforce 6 or higher, no areo for you.

You need to get a Geforce 6 card. Return the one you got to the seller.

3xternal, Mar 22, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Andrew1980

gliff159

why cant you just run both monotors of the same card? works fine for me

gliff159, Mar 23, 2007
  4. Andrew1980

Andrew1980

Oh does it? Crap. So theres no way round the problem then?

Whats this Aero? My other card is Geforce 6

How do I run two monitors off of one card? I might be being stupid here, I only have one output.

Andrew1980, Mar 26, 2007
  5. Andrew1980

spankymasterc

so what your trying to do it watch dvds from you computer to your t.v right?

Well if so you video card has a S-video out and if your T.v has one 2 then u could connect that move the setting on your Graphics card so its on clone view and there u go...... if u need help hit me up i have mine setup so it should work....

spankymasterc, Mar 27, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question