SD card driver issues

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Peter74, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Peter74

Peter74

Purchased a HP pavillion dv6615eo with a 5 in 1 card reader. Great now I can avoid all those usb cables to transfer photos from my digicam, however whrn I insert the card Vista insists that it needs to install a driver first > would you like windows to auto install> yes > sorry we can't find it, would you like to look online for solution> yes > sorry we cant find a solution. I've been in touch with HP for what it was it worth, I already downloaded the latest divers etc and they unfortunately could help.

Has anyone else had the same problem and solved it?

Peter74, Feb 12, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Peter74

WAW8

WAW8, Feb 14, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. Peter74

Peter74

Thanks for the reply but I've tried it already and it according to the installer it does not apply to my system, I assume it was already intergrated with my version of vista. Thinking of just doing a favtory reset and see if that solves it unless you have any other ideas?

Peter74, Feb 15, 2008
  4. Peter74

Peter74

decided to update the Bios from HP and now I have 2 devices missing a driver: PCI memory and the SD Host controller. It looks like its factory reset time!!

Peter74, Feb 15, 2008
  5. Peter74

WAW8

Hope you understand that a factory restore (1) requires that you either have on hand or make a set of restore disks (CDs/DVDs), and (2) completely reformats your hard drive -- wiping out any and all partitions and data you may have created.

With a problem this basic (can't read an SD card), I'd investigate complaining to the vendor to see if they will restore it for free. I did a complete restore on an HP desktop myself (after making the recovery CDs) and that did nothing to fix the problem I had. Sent it back to HP, they restored it, and haven't had a problem since (over a year now).

If you tell them up front that it won't read SD cards, maybe you can get them to test that before they send it back to you.

WAW8, Feb 15, 2008
  6. Peter74

Peter74

Worth a try I guess. Thanks

Peter74, Feb 16, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question