Screen size too big to change settings

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by foot_tapper, Nov 9, 2012.

1. foot_tapper

foot_tapper

I was trying to enlarge the screen size by changing the resolution size of the monitor using the Personalize ( Vista Home Premium) setting and ended up with a screen size that is now too big.
    It means I can no longer bring up the resolution box slider because the box is too big for the screen.I am unable to click on the slider or click the apply box because it is off the bottom of the monitor screen.
    Any suggestions as to how I can reduce the screen size another way?
    I have seen a few suggestions on this forum but nothing has worked.

Thanks.

foot_tapper, Nov 9, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. foot_tapper

foot_tapper

After several hours I found a simple way out of my problem.
    I was able to click on the DPX size adjustment dot to change it to default.
    I could not click the OK button which was off the bottom of my screen....so I decided to hit the enter button on my keyboard instead.
    That allowed the pixel size to return to the default position. From there I could go to the monitor settings and see the size slider and "apply" button.
    That restored the normal screen settings.
    Hope this helps others who need to reduce the size of the screen to gain access to the settings that will get it back to the correct size.

foot_tapper, Nov 9, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question