Screen goes black for just a sec a full minute after vista boots

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by dpm, Mar 20, 2007.

1. dpm

dpm

Hello,

I got a new laptop today with windows vista 32bit ultimate..

I'm having a very annoying problem. After windows loads... About a full minute passes and the whole screen flickers black for a second, then back to normal. Also, when this happens the mouse is moved to and centered on the screen.

Any ideas?

My video card is a geforce go 7900 and im running the latest drivers. I took just about everything out of startup in msconfig. It happens in with aero... or with the basic theme.

Please help!

Thanks.

dpm, Mar 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. dpm

cyclic

You'll find it's normal even if annoying, it's just the graphics mode sorting itself out. I have seen several lappies of various makes all do the same, including mine.

cyclic, Mar 21, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. dpm

gliff159

im getting somthing like this except its more like 15 min not even kidding any one know a fix

gliff159, Mar 23, 2007
  4. dpm

jdonner

Drivers, drivers, driver... just give it time, just keep an eye on the latest updates. I'm pretty sure these problems will disappear over time for most people who are dealing with this.

jdonner, Mar 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question