sata harddrive installation for hp pavilion m8200n media center desktop

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by slickmo, Feb 20, 2008.

1. slickmo

slickmo

I want to in stall a new harddrive (sata western digital 160 gig) . the on line manuals says that they only support windows 98. xp and 2000. I brought this drive from western digital on line store and it was barebone. searched their web site and downloaded data life guard that was not compatible to vista.

specs;

AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core processor 6000+/ 3.0 ghz/ 3 gig of memory/Nvidia Geforce 6150SE graphics/ECS Nettle2 1.0(main board) bios phoenix tech LTD 5.18 9/05/07.

Is this drive (wd1600aabs) compatible to vista and if so where can i purchase the installation software that supports vista

slickmo, Feb 20, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. slickmo

WAW8

Maybe you didn't notice this, but please do NOT post polls. Please post topics instead.

There is no software you can purchase that supports Vista installation. It installs itself.

You should be able to insert the DVD and it will install automatically. IF it says that it can't find any hard drives, you will have to locate SATA drivers for you motherboard. That means you will need to go to the motherboard manufacturer's website to see if they have SATA drivers. If they don't, then you won't be able to use the SATA drive with that motherboard.

WAW8, Feb 21, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question