Sapphire ATI Radeon 7000 / 9200SE - no official drivers

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by probonic, Jun 9, 2006.

1. probonic

probonic

I have the 2 above mentioned graphics cards in my system. The main problem is that the 7000 is the secondary card and the one I use TV-out on. The problem lies in the fact that ATI in their eternal wisdom have decided not to support anything lower than the Radeon 9500, and the Microsoft drivers have no way to configure TV-out (I need to set it to PAL and turn overscan on).

At the moment I have absolutely no money so can't afford to get a newer graphics card that has official ATI Vista drivers. Does anyone know of any way of configuring TV-out with the normal Microsoft drivers?

Thanks.

probonic, Jun 9, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. probonic

Jason

Im assuming you have already tried the Vista ATI drivers?

Jason, Jun 9, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. probonic

probonic

Yes, that is how I found out there *are* no Vista drivers for my card.

probonic, Jun 9, 2006
  4. probonic

Jason

I'd waite until vista is fully released as a final version, and see if the driver support has improved which it should. Before buying a new card.

Jason, Jun 10, 2006
  5. probonic

probonic

Well to be honest I doubt that support will be put in, it's always been like that with the Microsoft drivers - theyre just simple bog-standard drivers. I will probably buy a new graphics card either way because I want to use the uber groovy Aero Glass interface after seeing it in action on a friend's computer :D (Yes, I know, I'm very shallow :p)

probonic, Jun 10, 2006
  6. probonic

Jason

haha, the aero is worth it. It really makes vista, vista. Without aero its just windows xp. Honestly having aero makes using vista a whole lot funner.

Jason, Jun 10, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question