Samsung DVD driver wont work in Ultimate

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by [D], Jun 10, 2007.

1. [D]

[D]

hi guys...

im new to the thread and just put Vista into my system. Everything seems to work, but Vista seems to not recognise my Samsung TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-W162C ATA Device. ive looked everywhere for a driver and let vista find one for me.. no luck. Any help is appreicated, kinda going to the US and Canada for a trip and wanna upload songs onto the ipod in a few days

:)

[D], Jun 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. [D]

cyclic

Unfortunately it doesn't say what the problem is, you don't need any third party drivers for any ATA device for any version of Windows and if it's not being identified and enumerated properly it's very often the data ribbon\USB cable for externals that's st fault, try removing the cable and refitting after checking for any small breaks, in an 80 strand data ribbon even a pin hole in 1 strand can effectively disable the device.

If there appears no physical problem try removing the ATA parent device the IDE\ATA controller and restart to get it detected and enumerated again, sometimes this is enough to kick it back into life.

cyclic, Jun 11, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. [D]

WAW8

Can you open Device Manager and check the firmware version?

I looked at the Samsung site for this device and noticed that all the FAQs were dated 2003. So, it could be that they stopped updating this four years ago. But, it would be worthwhile checking their site to see if there is a newer firmware version.

As to driver, Cyclic is correct -- don't need drivers for PATA devices, support has been built into Windows for years.

Personally, I've used both Plextor and Sony DVD-DL drives in Vista and it finds, and uses, them without any problems. The most current Plextor (800A) is only $80 (US). So, if you can't get the Samsung to work, and can get the Plextor, you might just install that in it's place.

WAW8, Jun 11, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question