Safely remove hardware icon

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Ludington, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Ludington

Ludington

My other & last minor problem is the following:

The SAFELY REMOVE HARDWARE icon has appeared in my system tray. I would like to remove the icon which i usually know how to do. Only problem is, it thehard drive it's telling me to remove.

Generic Volume (C), Generic Volume (D). Below the device list is the following: WDC WD50 00AAKS-22TMA SCSI Disk Device at Bus Number 0, Target Id 0, LUN 0

Is there anything I can do to get rid of the icon?

Gateway GM5472 , Nvidia GeForce 6150SE, 4MB Memory.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Ludington, Sep 21, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Ludington

emrice

I had the same nagging problem and after a couple of days of searching-to no avail-I did a system restore. The icon is gone and life is beautiful once again.

Good Luck

E. D.

emrice, Sep 24, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Ludington

Ludington

Thanks! I'll see what happens!

I've had the same trouble. Searching around the internet and finding little to no help at all.

Thanks!

Ludington, Sep 24, 2007
  4. Ludington

Alejandrosv

That's probably a problem after an update of your motherboard SATA drivers.I had the same problem and contacted nvidia about it (have a nforce mobo) and they told me it was a "feature" not a bug...

The thing is, now sata drives can be hotswapable like usb drives. Of course thisshould not apply to the OS disk drive, but for some reason they don't see it as a problem. There is a way to disable that for xp drivers through the registry, however i wasn't able to do it on vista.

Alejandrosv, Sep 24, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question